TheBrim® Linny VFX + SPK Print Kit
With Linny VFX you can now easily match linear textured CGI models, plates and other compositing assets with footage shot on Linny LUT supported cinema cameras, and because Linny LUT is such an accurate representation of film you can use it to match linear assets and material shot on 16mm, 35mm and 65mm motion picture film. For these tasks the kit also comes with the regular non print version of Linny LUT as a pseudo log base, making Linear-to-Log conversions easier and more accurate then ever. Going beyond VFX and motion picture production applications, the Linny VFX kit is suitable for use in photography, game development and anywhere where linear material needs a cinematic touch or a subtractive color science logarithmic starting point for a custom color grade.
The kit includes the following LUTs in 16x16x16, 32x32x32 and 64x64x64 sizes of .CUBE, Unwrapped Cube .TIFF, .ICC files and preset variants for Adobe Camera RAW:
Classic Mode Linny VFX LUTs:
- TheBrim® Linny VFX
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B0
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B1
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B2
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B3
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B4
Along with the Classic Mode additional Linny VFX modes are also included:
- Linny VFX SST - Smooth Saturation Transient Mode
For use with problematic saturation and hue transients.
- Linny VFX HRM - Highlight Retention Mode
Retains highlight areas by lowering the white point.
- Linny VFX HRM+SST - Highlight Retention Mode with Smooth Saturation Transients
Combined variant of the above mentioned modes.
- Apply exposure changes before / underneath the LUT. We advise affecting only the luminance with these exposure changes, without changing the saturation levels or chrominance levels.
- In case of Out-of-Gamut / Edge-of-Gamut colors correct either the color saturation level or luminance level of that specific color before / underneath the LUT.
- For general best performance and in case of "banding" or other artefacting within DaVinci Resolve be sure to switch to an appropriate LUT interpolation algorithm. You can do this in DaVinci Resolve by going to "Settings" then to the “Color Management“ tab, under “3D Lookup Table Interpolation” switch to “Tetrahedral”.
Current Iteration: Block 3
SUCOMO Supplementary Print Kit
A collection of precision print emulations, designed to work with Cineon film scans and our Linny and Cinny subtractive color science model LUTs, including camera specific Linny and Linny VFX. They come as standalone LUTs and are designed to be blended-in to taste, or used at 100% in a node after or layer above the base Linny LUT or film scan. We suggest using these LUTs as the last correction in your grade structure.
Like with all of our other color science products future updates to the Supplementary Print Kit, be they in the form of additional print variants or technical tweaks will come free of charge to all customers of SUCOMO SPK.
The SPK Kit includes the following LUTs in 16x16x16, 32x32x32 and 64x64x64sizes in .CUBE format:
Type T Print Emulation
Brings the spirit of classic Hollywood cinema prints of the 1970-1980 era in to the 21st century with an accuracy never before seen in the digital realm. It features extremely organic earthy tones and a beautifully soft contrast curve.
Type C Print Emulation
Retains a natural response palette while adding depth and a classic print contrast curve.
Type D Print Emulation
This “dirty” print brings a very contemporary look generated from lower quality print transfers and negative stocks.
Type K Print Emulation
A classic cinematic print with a beautifully muted organic palette.
Type N Print Emulation
While somewhat similar to the original Type B print that comes supplied with the Linny stock kit, it adds more clarity and cleanliness.
Examples of SPK LUTs in use can be found here.