TheBrim® ARRI Linny + SPK Print Kit
Linny by The Brim®
Advanced subtractive color modeling LUT Kit for ARRI's Alexa family of cameras. Includes the following LUTs in both .CUBE and .AML formats:
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B0
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B1
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B2
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B3
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B4
The ARRI Linny Kit alsocontains a special version of Linny LUT indicated with "SST" (Smooth Saturation Transients) in the file and folder name, this version of Linny LUT should only be used in cases of extreme Out-of-Gamut / Edge-of-Gamut colors, which are usually generated by highly saturated colored LED light sources which cause the camera sensor to incorrectly render the luminosity levels of affected areas and in more extreme cases to develop color artifacting. Linny SST LUTs are not an accurate representation of the SUCOMO™ Subtractive Color Science and should only be used when necessary.
- Apply exposure changes before / underneath the LUT. We advise affecting only the luminance with these exposure changes, without changing the saturation levels or chrominance levels.
- In case of Out-of-Gamut / Edge-of-Gamut colors correct either the color saturation level or luminance level of that specific color before / underneath the LUT.
- For general best performance and in case of "banding" or other artefacting within DaVinci Resolve be sure to switch to an appropriate LUT interpolation algorithm. You can do this in DaVinci Resolve by going to "Settings" then to the “Color Management“ tab, under “3D Lookup Table Interpolation” switch to “Tetrahedral”.
SUCOMO Supplementary Print Kit
A collection of precision print emulations, designed to work with Cineon film scans and our Linny and Cinny subtractive color science model LUTs, including camera specific Linny and Linny VFX. They come as standalone LUTs and are designed to be blended-in to taste, or used at 100% in a node after or layer above the base Linny LUT or film scan. We suggest using these LUTs as the last correction in your grade structure.
Like with all of our other color science products future updates to the Supplementary Print Kit, be they in the form of additional print variants or technical tweaks will come free of charge to all customers of SUCOMO SPK.
The SPK Kit includes the following LUTs in 16x16x16, 32x32x32 and 64x64x64sizes in .CUBE format:
Type T Print Emulation
Brings the spirit of classic Hollywood cinema prints of the 1970-1980 era in to the 21st century with an accuracy never before seen in the digital realm. It features extremely organic earthy tones and a beautifully soft contrast curve.
Type C Print Emulation
Retains a natural response palette while adding depth and a classic print contrast curve.
Type D Print Emulation
This “dirty” print brings a very contemporary look generated from lower quality print transfers and negative stocks.
Type K Print Emulation
A classic cinematic print with a beautifully muted organic palette.
Type N Print Emulation
While somewhat similar to the original Type B print that comes supplied with the Linny stock kit, it adds more clarity and cleanliness.
Examples of SPK LUTs in use can be found here.