TheBrim® Linny for ARRI
Linny by The Brim®
Advanced subtractive color modeling LUT Kit for ARRI's Alexa family of cameras. Includes the following LUTs in both .CUBE and .AML formats:
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B0
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B1
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B2
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B3
- TheBrim® Alexa Linny + Print B4
The ARRI Linny Kit alsocontains a special version of Linny LUT indicated with "SST" (Smooth Saturation Transients) in the file and folder name, this version of Linny LUT should only be used in cases of extreme Out-of-Gamut / Edge-of-Gamut colors, which are usually generated by highly saturated colored LED light sources which cause the camera sensor to incorrectly render the luminosity levels of affected areas and in more extreme cases to develop color artifacting. Linny SST LUTs are not an accurate representation of the SUCOMO™ Subtractive Color Science and should only be used when necessary.
- Apply exposure changes before / underneath the LUT. We advise affecting only the luminance with these exposure changes, without changing the saturation levels or chrominance levels.
- In case of Out-of-Gamut / Edge-of-Gamut colors correct either the color saturation level or luminance level of that specific color before / underneath the LUT.
- For general best performance and in case of "banding" or other artefacting within DaVinci Resolve be sure to switch to an appropriate LUT interpolation algorithm. You can do this in DaVinci Resolve by going to "Settings" then to the “Color Management“ tab, under “3D Lookup Table Interpolation” switch to “Tetrahedral”.
Current Version: 2.4