TheBrim® SUCOMO™ Pipeline for BMD
Includes Linny for Blackmagic & Linny VFX
Advanced subtractive color modeling LUT Kit for current Blackmagic Design cinema cameras capable of recording in GEN5 & GEN4 native color science along with legacy Blackmagic cameras and the color science models that came with them.
The kit includes the following LUTs in .CUBE format:
- TheBrim® BMD Linny
- TheBrim® BMD Linny + Print B0
- TheBrim® BMD Linny + Print B1
- TheBrim® BMD Linny + Print B2
- TheBrim® BMD Linny + Print B3
- TheBrim® BMD Linny + Print B4
The kit includes the following LUTs in 16x16x16, 32x32x32 and 64x64x64 sizes of .CUBE, Unwrapped Cube .TIFF, .ICC files and preset variants for Adobe Camera RAW:
Classic Mode Linny VFX LUTs:
- TheBrim® Linny VFX
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B0
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B1
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B2
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B3
- TheBrim® Linny VFX + Print B4
Along with the Classic Mode additional Linny VFX modes are also included:
- Linny VFX SST - Smooth Saturation Transient Mode
For use with problematic saturation and hue transients.
- Linny VFX HRM - Highlight Retention Mode
Retains highlight areas by lowering the white point.
- Linny VFX HRM+SST - Highlight Retention Mode with Smooth Saturation Transients
Combined variant of the above mentioned modes.
- Apply exposure changes before / underneath the LUT. We advise affecting only the luminance with these exposure changes, without changing the saturation levels or chrominance levels.
- In case of Out-of-Gamut / Edge-of-Gamut colors correct either the color saturation level or luminance level of that specific color before / underneath the LUT.
- For general best performance and in case of "banding" or other artefacting within DaVinci Resolve be sure to switch to an appropriate LUT interpolation algorithm. You can do this in DaVinci Resolve by going to "Settings" then to the “Color Management“ tab, under “3D Lookup Table Interpolation” switch to “Tetrahedral”.
- If you are using Linny VFX for processing photographic work we suggest shooting RAW and processing the images with the supplied ACR/Lightroom presets for the highest possible performance.